We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

Debian jessie package dependences problem

• api-20100525 is not available on Debian 8.2. How to resolve it?

Hi,

build phalcon by your own, it is the best way imho

Hi,

build phalcon by your own, it is the best way imho

I agree - I've never had any problem cloning the repository and building myself.

Building packages is a kludge imho.

Well, in fact, it's the best way to keep an up to date phalcon version on your system. You just need a couple of dev dependencies (build-essentials, php-dev, ... ) Once you've got them installed building phalcon is as simple as type ./instal on your command line !

Building packages is a kludge imho.

might be kicking in open doors, but you building it you self is the best way. And yes building stuff can be annoying but building the phalcon extension is very easy: From docs:

sudo apt-get install php5-dev php5-mysql gcc libpcre3-dev make
git clone --depth=1 git://github.com/phalcon/cphalcon.git
cd cphalcon/build
sudo ./install

then add

extension=phalcon.so

to you php.ini (the location of this file may vary depending on your version, google it )

Otherwise use ubuntu, the package is very easy to install.

edited Jan '16

Very thank for answers, friends, especially @joyider. As result: "Thanks for compiling Phalcon! Build succeed: Please restart your web server to complete the installation". But the next way is the best yet, imao: apt-get update && apt-get install php5-pahlcon

THEME IS CLOSED!

Sorry if my question seems foolish, but where in the file path do you need to execute these commands?

might be kicking in open doors, but you building it you self is the best way. And yes building stuff can be annoying but building the phalcon extension is very easy: From docs:

cd cphalcon/build
sudo ./install

then add

extension=phalcon.so

to you php.ini (the location of this file may vary depending on your version, google it )

Hi

It does not really matter since the script should move the extension to the correct extensions folder.

If you are running Xxamp or some other LAMP installation then you need to add a few extra lines to use the php version you want to add the extension to.

But on a single php installation liek the one you get from apt-get it's very simple.

Sorry if my question seems foolish, but where in the file path do you need to execute these commands?

cd cphalcon/build
sudo ./install

then add

extension=phalcon.so