We are moving our forum in GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4 you can visit here and for Phalcon v5 here.

Solved thread

This post is marked as solved. If you think the information contained on this thread must be part of the official documentation, please contribute submitting a pull request to its repository.

falcon installed but not showing in phpinfo.php (Mac 10.10.5 Yosemite)

Hi, Pulling my hair out with this - please can anyone help me help myself? Although not a sysadmin, I am familiar with using a Linux CLI as root. I want to instal falcon on my office Mac so that I can get to know it properly offline before developing with it.

I have OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite running Apache/2.4.16. I have installed PHP 5.6.19, MySQL 5.7.11, and phpMyAdmin 4.5.5.1. Everything is running and accessible. I have a web root under my User directory and can see http://localhost/~Roy/phpinfo.php. I can access MySQL as root from the CLI (Terminal). I can import and manipulate MySQL databases through phpMyAdmin or the CLI. I can read the apache error logs at /var/log/apache2/error_log and php logging is enabled.

I installed home-brew and then installed phalcon. The only issues I get are:

/Users/Roy/cphalcon/build/64bits/phalcon.zep.c:10991:9: warning: nonnull parameter 'ce' will evaluate to 'true' on first
      encounter [-Wpointer-bool-conversion]
        while (ce) {
        ~~~~~  ^~
/Users/Roy/cphalcon/build/64bits/phalcon.zep.c:11960:7: warning: nonnull parameter 'require_path' will evaluate to
      'true' on first encounter [-Wpointer-bool-conversion]
        if (!require_path) {
            ~^~~~~~~~~~~~
/Users/Roy/cphalcon/build/64bits/phalcon.zep.c:116505:40: warning: \U used with no following hex digits; treating as '\'
      followed by identifier [-Wunicode]
        ZEPHIR_REGISTER_CLASS_EX(Phalcon\\Mvc\\Url, Exception, phalcon, mvc_url_exception, phalcon_exception_ce...
                                              ^
/Users/Roy/cphalcon/build/64bits/phalcon.zep.c:116808:40: warning: \U used with no following hex digits; treating as '\'
        ZEPHIR_REGISTER_CLASS_EX(Phalcon\\Mvc\\User, Component, phalcon, mvc_user_component, phalcon_di_injectab...
                                              ^
/Users/Roy/cphalcon/build/64bits/phalcon.zep.c:116830:40: warning: \U used with no following hex digits; treating as '\'
        ZEPHIR_REGISTER_CLASS_EX(Phalcon\\Mvc\\User, Module, phalcon, mvc_user_module, phalcon_di_injectable_ce...
                                              ^
/Users/Roy/cphalcon/build/64bits/phalcon.zep.c:116852:40: warning: \U used with no following hex digits; treating as '\'
        ZEPHIR_REGISTER_CLASS_EX(Phalcon\\Mvc\\User, Plugin, phalcon, mvc_user_plugin, phalcon_di_injectable_ce...
                                              ^
6 warnings generated.

[snip]

Build complete.
Don't forget to run 'make test'.

Installing shared extensions:     /usr/local/Cellar/php56/5.6.19/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20131226/
Installing header files:           /usr/local/Cellar/php56/5.6.19/include/php/

Thanks for compiling Phalcon!
Build succeed: Please restart your web server to complete the installation

I have added 'extension=phalcon.so' to my php.ini file and ensured that this is the file being loaded by checking phpinfo.php. I have restarted apache and the Mac many times. I have re-run the installation process many times. I am getting no apache or php errors in the log. Whatever I do, I cannot get phpinfo.php to show any sign of anything to do with phalcon, nor is it listed in a print_r(get_loaded_extensions()); (see below).

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to find out what the problem might be please? Do I have all the correct PHP dependancies loaded up?

Array
(
    [0] => Core
    [1] => date
    [2] => ereg
    [3] => libxml
    [4] => openssl
    [5] => pcre
    [6] => sqlite3
    [7] => zlib
    [8] => bcmath
    [9] => bz2
    [10] => calendar
    [11] => ctype
    [12] => dom
    [13] => hash
    [14] => fileinfo
    [15] => filter
    [16] => ftp
    [17] => gd
    [18] => gettext
    [19] => SPL
    [20] => iconv
    [21] => json
    [22] => ldap
    [23] => mbstring
    [24] => session
    [25] => standard
    [26] => mysqlnd
    [27] => mysqli
    [28] => PDO
    [29] => pdo_mysql
    [30] => pdo_sqlite
    [31] => Phar
    [32] => posix
    [33] => Reflection
    [34] => mysql
    [35] => shmop
    [36] => SimpleXML
    [37] => soap
    [38] => sockets
    [39] => exif
    [40] => sysvmsg
    [41] => sysvsem
    [42] => sysvshm
    [43] => tidy
    [44] => tokenizer
    [45] => wddx
    [46] => xml
    [47] => xmlreader
    [48] => xmlrpc
    [49] => xmlwriter
    [50] => zip
    [51] => apache2handler
    [52] => apcu
    [53] => curl
    [54] => gmp
    [55] => igbinary
    [56] => imap
    [57] => intl
    [58] => mcrypt
    [59] => memcache
    [60] => memcached
    [61] => mongo
    [62] => mssql
    [63] => OAuth
    [64] => pdo_dblib
    [65] => pdo_pgsql
    [66] => pgsql
    [67] => propro
    [68] => raphf
    [69] => readline
    [70] => redis
    [71] => solr
    [72] => ssh2
    [73] => xhprof
    [74] => xsl
    [75] => http
    [76] => mhash
    [77] => apc
    [78] => Zend OPcache
    [79] => xdebug
)

Accepted
answer
edited Mar '16

And you sure that phalcon.so is in correct folder ? You obviously restarted apache ?

i think you need https://github.com/majksner/php-phalcon-mamp

I remember thying to help a person, never manage to make it work under mac no idea why

And you sure that phalcon.so is in correct folder ? You obviously restarted apache ?

I have no idea; where should it be please?

i think you need https://github.com/majksner/php-phalcon-mamp

I remember thying to help a person, never manage to make it work under mac no idea why

Thanks. That seems a bit extreme given that I have a local server environment up and running already, but if all else fails (i.e. if no other successful suggestions are made), I will certainly give it a go.

mac:~/Sites# sudo find / | grep "phalcon.so"

[snip]

/usr/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20121212/phalcon.so

/usr/local/Cellar/php56/5.6.19/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20131226/phalcon.so

/usr/local/Cellar/php56-phalcon/2.0.10/phalcon.so

And php is loading extensions from thos directories ?

I know nothing about homebrew, nor how php integrates with it, but I will investigate this further, thanks. This is the first time I have done anything like this on a Mac that relies on third-party extras.

I asked for help to help myself and that is exacly what you have given me - thanks :)

I checked in phpinfo.php to see where the php extensions were being loaded from - /usr/local/php5/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20131226/

I did not know if phalcon.so needed to stay inside /usr/local/Cellar/php56-phalcon/2.0.10/ for some weird 'homebrew' reason, so I added a symlink from the default extensions directory to the homebrew one: sudo ln -s /usr/local/Cellar/php56-phalcon/2.0.10/phalcon.so phalcon.so

...a quick restart of apache and all is well. Thanks again :)

edited Mar '16

You just have seperated extension direction for php cli, and php that's is working with apache i guess.