We are moving our forum in GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4 you can visit here and for Phalcon v5 here.

Solved thread

This post is marked as solved. If you think the information contained on this thread must be part of the official documentation, please contribute submitting a pull request to its repository.

Error while connecting to Redis server with latest Phalcon 2.1.x build and PHP7

Hi,

I got the following error while connecting to Redis server with latest Phalcon 2.1.x build and PHP7. Can anyone help me? Thank you!

> 2016/03/22 23:25:40 [error] 28304#28304: *1 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: Could not connect to the Redisd server 127.0.0.1:6379
> #0 [internal function]: Phalcon\Cache\Backend\Redis->_connect()
> #1 [internal function]: Phalcon\Cache\Backend\Redis->get('4hd7una8pbl7b13...', 1800)
> #2 [internal function]: Phalcon\Session\Adapter\Redis->read('4hd7una8pbl7b13...')
> #3 [internal function]: session_start()
> #4 /var/www/secure.ania.internal/app/config/services.php(126): Phalcon\Session\Adapter->start()
> #5 [internal function]: Closure->{closure}()
> #6 [internal function]: Phalcon\Di\Service->resolve(NULL, Object(Phalcon\Di\FactoryDefault))
> #7 [internal function]: Phalcon\Di->get('session', NULL)
> #8 [internal function]: Phalcon\Di->getShared('session')
> #9 /var/www/secure.ania.internal/app/library/Auth/Auth.php(208): Phalcon\Di\Injectable->__get('session')
> #10 /var/www/secure.ania.internal/app/library/Auth/Auth.php(172): NedaGames\Auth\Auth->getIdentity()
> #11 /var/www/secure.ania.internal/app/plugins/SecurityPlugin.php(76): NedaGames\Auth\Auth->isUserSignedIn()
> #12 [internal functi...
> PHP message: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Phalcon\Cache\Exception: Could not connect to the Redisd server 127.0.0.1:6379 in phalcon/cache/backend/redis.zep:119
> Stack trace:
> #0 [internal function]: Phalcon\Cache\Backend\Redis->_connect()
> #1 [internal function]: Phalcon\Cache\Backend\Redis->save('4hd7una8pbl7b13...', '', 1800)
> #2 [internal function]: Phalcon\Session\Adapter\Redis->write('4hd7una8pbl7b13...', '')
> #3 {main}
edited Mar '16

You sure you have redis working on this port ? If yes then there is some bug in php7 + phalcon 2.1.x currently, is it working on php 5.6 ?

Accepted
answer

I just found the reason. It was from selinux (Security-Enhanced Linux). I have disabled the selinux and now it works! :) Thanks for answer!