We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

[Universal Class Loader] Can't load class

Hello folks,

I have a class called CurrencyConversor.php located at /app/library/classes/, and i'm trying to use Universal Class Loader functionality from Phalcon to use it into my controllers. Here is what I'm trying:

index.php

//Register an autoloader
    $loader = new \Phalcon\Loader();

//...other stuff...

$loader->registerClasses([
        'CurrencyConversor' => 'library/classes/CurrencyConversor.php'
    ]);

$loader->register();

//...

SomeController.php

public function doAction()
{
    $cc = new CurrencyConversor();
}

And this is what I get when i load the controller:

Fatal error:  Class 'CurrencyConversor' not found in C:\the\path\to\phalcon_app\app\controllers\SomeController.php on line 63

What am I doing wrong? Isn't it the right way to implement a Universal Class?

try escpecfying an absolute route to the loader

edited Mar '14

Just checking, but did you make sure to include a use statement?

use CurrencyConversor;

Also, is the class namespaced as it should be? If so, you will need to add that to the registerClasses() call and use statement.

@moderndeveloperllc I've tried adding this on the top of the controller but didn't work. The problem continues. Also, is the use statement really needed? I thought that you needed to do was add the registerClasses to index.php and then call it in your controller (as seen in docs examples).

I didn't found anything about the use statement (for Phalcon).

You may want to try this: https://docs.phalcon.io/en/latest/reference/loader.html#autoloading-events to see what paths Phalcon actually tries.

Accepted
answer
edited Mar '14

By using

You are telling the file that you want the class, but you are not telling it what namespace it can go find the class in. My previous comment was a bit wrong in that it did not include the full namespace path. One would think that registerClasses would take care of this, but I guess not.

So, all the steps that are needed:

Your CurrencyConversor class should be namespaced, even if it's just one level: (in library/classes/CurrencyConversor.php)

namespace Kazzkiq;

You can then use registerNamespaces()

$loader->registerNamespaces(array(
    //Other namespaces
    'Kazzkiq' =>'library/classes'
));

Add the use statement at the top of your controller class so it knows where to find the library class:

use Kazzkiq\CurrencyConversor;

//stuff
{
}

Or you can reference the full namespaced class without the use statement:

{
    $cc = new Kazzkiq\CurrencyConversor();
}

YMMV, - Mark