We are moving our forum in GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4 you can visit here and for Phalcon v5 here.

Solved thread

This post is marked as solved. If you think the information contained on this thread must be part of the official documentation, please contribute submitting a pull request to its repository.

[SOLVED] Phalcon\Mvc\Model::update() try to insert

Hi,

I don't get what I'm doing wrong but when I use the update method of my model, it tries to insert a record instead of updating it. And this throw me an exception. Here my sample code (Only these 2 lines are in my method as I'm trying to understand what is wrong):

public function editAction(){
    $user = User::findFirst(array('id=:id:', 'bind' => array('id' => $id)));
    $user->update();
}

Here are the queries catch using a db listener (I omitted the queries made by phalcon to get schema and table informations):

SELECT "users"."id", ... "users"."status" FROM "users" WHERE "users"."id" = :id LIMIT 1

INSERT INTO "users" ("username", "password", "email", "publicname", "accountid", "id") VALUES (?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?)

BTW : My model is populated correctely with the database values

The exception : SQLSTATE[23505]: Unique violation: 7 ERREUR: la valeur d'une clé dupliquée rompt la contrainte unique « ml_srs_uk » DETAIL: La clé « (email)=(**@.com) » existe déjà .

Can anyone explain what I'm doing wrong ?

Accepted
answer

I mixed up between sequences and primary key. Sorry for the error.