We are moving our forum in GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4 you can visit here and for Phalcon v5 here.

Solved thread

This post is marked as solved. If you think the information contained on this thread must be part of the official documentation, please contribute submitting a pull request to its repository.

session already started warnings

Within my app I find that I am constantly seeing errors/warnings regarding sessions and I'm not sure why.

It's the standard "<b>Notice</b>: A session had already been started - ignoring session_start() in <b>app\config\services.php</b> on line <b>144</b><br />"

style message

and the session service is registered as follows

/**

• Start the session the first time some component request the session service */ $di->set('session', function() {

$session = new SessionAdapter(); $session->start();

return $session; },true);

It's the same whether or not I set session to be shared (true) or not. The warning here is being generated when I use $this->security->getToken() in a view to generate csrf token but I've seen other instances usually happening when one of my views contains a call to content()

Does anyone know why this would be and how I can stop it from happening? Normally I'd use output buffering to suppress these errors but I'm not sure what's going on here

thanks

Accepted
answer

Never mind I worked it out. The issue is that I've implemented the Facebook SDK. This makes a call to session_start() if it doesn't already exist and I was calling this before my session has been set-up. I've amended my code to now take this into account and actually make sure my session is started before I instantiate my Facebook object