We are moving our forum in GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4 you can visit here and for Phalcon v5 here.

Solved thread

This post is marked as solved. If you think the information contained on this thread must be part of the official documentation, please contribute submitting a pull request to its repository.

Email confirmations and forget password

Hello,

I need to make email confirmations after user create and forget password option. Im low on time and need some fast solutions that can be implemented in my app (front end: AngularJS backend: phalcon). I saw some solutions on google but want to check if some1 has nice example or idea for doing it :)

ps. I used \Phalcon\Mailer\ in app before for sending emails.

Thank you

Hi, you can copy/paste the functions from here.

https://github.com/calinrada/PhalconUserPlugin

Accepted
answer
edited Dec '16

Hey, I used this solutions:

1. E-mail confirm

• as soon as user is registered he gets flag 0 in DB in the column name confirmed
    • after that he gets e-mail with parametr $app_url?confirm=secrethash/user_login/timestamp
    • if he clicks than app validate hash, login, timestamp and puts flag to confirmed = 1
  2. Pass reminder

• if user exists, app sends an email with analogus paramater $app_url?reset=secrethash/user_login/timestamp
    • when user clicks it, and than after proper validating of parameters, pass is reseted, and new temporarly pass is sending to him

Just more-less schema, but works fine

Hi,

look at vokuro example app, it has a forgot password functionnality

Thanks every1. I got it :)