We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

Phalcon commands error

i have install phalcon dev tools from git then when i try phalcon commands the result is bash: /home/derandi/zephir/prototypes/phalcon.php: Permission denied , how to fix this?

Check your file ownerships. Who installed dev tools? Who is trying to run dev tools?

edited Jan '17

Check your file ownerships. Who installed dev tools? Who is trying to run dev tools?

how to check it?

when i use sudo the result like this

[email protected]:~$ sudo phalcon commands PHP Warning: PHP Startup: phalcon: Unable to initialize module Module compiled with module API=20151012 PHP compiled with module API=20160303 These options need to match in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: PHP Startup: phalcon: Unable to initialize module Module compiled with module API=20151012 PHP compiled with module API=20160303 These options need to match in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: PHP Startup: phalcon: Unable to initialize module Module compiled with module API=20151012 PHP compiled with module API=20160303 These options need to match in Unknown on line 0 ERROR: Phalcon extension isn't installed, follow these instructions to install it: https://docs.phalcon.io/en/latest/reference/install.html

Accepted
answer

Never use sudo to run phalcon devtools. That error msg suggests that you have two versions of PHP installed (5.6 and 7?) and you messed them up a bit.

You should probably start with a tutorial about linux permissions and package management... It's too big of a topic to help you in a comment.

Never use sudo to run phalcon devtools. That error msg suggests that you have two versions of PHP installed (5.6 and 7?) and you messed them up a bit.

You should probably start with a tutorial about linux permissions and package management... It's too big of a topic to help you in a comment.

hmmm oke thanks :D