We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

Phalcon Installation Fail in Wampserver

Hello everyone.

I used phalcon a few years ago, so now I try to install again on Windows 10 (x64) and WampServer 3.0.6 (x86) with PHP 5.6.25, but it does not work.

I followed the official phalcon webside instructions, I downloaded the correct version (Phalcon 3.0.3 - Windows x86 for PHP 5.6.0 (vc11)) and I added it in php.ini:

1) php.ini - Ubication: C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.6.25 - Added: extension=php_phalcon.dll

2) PhpForApache.ini - Ubication: C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.6.25 - Added: extension=php_phalcon.dll

So the extension is not shown in Wampserver localhost. I has search the error, but I have no luck, I found only this in php_error.log:

in Unknown on line 0

[28-Jan-2017 23:48:23 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.6.25/ext/php_phalcon.dll' - No se puede encontrar el m�dulo especificado.

in Unknown on line 0

[28-Jan-2017 23:48:23 UTC] PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:/wamp/bin/php/php5.6.25/ext/php_phalcon.dll' - No se puede encontrar el m�dulo especificado.

in Unknown on line 0

I tried too with Phalcon 3.0.3 - Windows x86 for PHP 5.6.0 NTS (vc11) version, but it doesn’t work.

Anybody have some idea could be happened?

Thanks!

Accepted
answer

I'm on windows 10 and i currently use XAMPP , its much better , and it has PHP7, but i used wam before with phalcon and if its not showing then you have the wrong version or your system is not NTS then just usce the normal vc11 without NTS and it should work.

I just downloaded Phalcon 3.0.3 x64 for Php 5.5 and checked. It works with Wampserver 2.5 (older version). As @HudsonNicoletti wrote, it should be a version issue. Another point, I edited both php.ini mentioned below for the extension line.

• C:\Wamp\bin\apache\apache2.4.9\bin\php.ini
  • C:\Wamp\bin\php\php5.5.12\php.ini

Thanks for reply, Amal & Hudson. Well, I downloaded again Phalcon 3.0.3 - Windows x86 for PHP 5.6.0 (vc11) and install in my WampServer too. Now the installation was success.

PD: I think... Maybe when I first time download phalcon version, "it was downloaded with an issue or some similar".

C:\wamp\bin\php\php5.6.25**ext** - Added: extension=php_phalcon.dll

I am using WAMP server on both windows 8 and 10 with PHP7 version. Make sure that you downloaded the correct extension on correct platform. You may try to consider also if you have Thread Safety enabled. There is an appropriate dll for each. (NTS, TS dll)

Thanks,