We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

Nested Modules

Hi guys,

i know the multi module application structure of Phalcon, but is it possible to have a nested module structure like following example shows? I want to have a system, where I can hot-plug new sub-modules (for backend, frontend) to the system. Routes, menu entries etc. should get automatically extended when I copy a new module folder into the sub-module folder.

module-backend
    controllers
    models etc.
    sub-modules
        forum
            controllers
            models
            etc.
        news
            controllers
            models
            etc.
        users
            controllers
            models
            etc.
module-frontend
    controllers
    models
    sub-modules
        like in backend

Is there a way with events to hot-plug such modules to the system? Thanks 4 you answers!

Funny, I was just thinking about this myself. I'm re-writing the services my company produces, and we want to have modules for each type of service (radar, satellite, search, etc), and the use sub-modules for versioning.

One method we looked at was to have each module as a separate modular phalcon project, and the modules in each project would then be the sub-mobules. Then we would tie it all together in the web server config.

The only problem we have with this so far is that we can't get NGINX to play along with us.