As we are now heading into Q2 soon, I think we should discuss everything that was planned for Q1.
Planned work for Q1 2017:
- Ground work for full support for PHP 7/7.1
- Fixing crucial (segfaults) bugs in Zephir
- Creation of a Phalcon Github organization
- Documentation enhancements/rewrite
- Bug fixes in Phalcon
- Phalcon promotion in social media
I realise the team is small and I wish to help out where I can and help boost the community.
The Incubator Project
This is a repository to publish/share/experiment with new adapters, prototypes or functionality that can potentially be incorporated into the framework.
- How often do you look at the Incubator repo and decide "Yes, this is what is going in the next release"?
The Slack Channel
Joining the slack channel seems to require a
@phalcontip.com e-mail address.
- How can I get one?
- Why is the channel restrictred to that domain?
- Is it a cost thing? If so, what about switching to Gitter?
I'm a busy guy, but would like to help with the project (as well as donating to the fund) - which are, in your opinion, the best ways I can?
I'm thinking about;
- Writing tutorials on my website (linking back to Phalcon) on various classes and usage and publishing on /r/php and other related sub-reddits.
- Being active on the Phalcon tag on StackOverflow, answering questions (though not many are being asked there - I may ask a question to answer my own along with the tutorials I write on my website; but I'll have to read up on the StackOverflow rules for that)
- Writing some useful libraries to use with Phalcon (like Laravels' Voyager)