We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

Can't connect to database

Error message - Exception: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES) - indicates wrong credentials BUT ... I created a totally new user other than root and entered that one in the db configurations on the "bootstrap" tutorial/public/index.php page so, after that, I would think the error would show the new user instead of root?

This is a new development setup running Ubuntu 16.04, Apache, MySql 4.5.4.1deb2ubuntu2, PHP 7.0

I added the db credentials correctly on the "bootstrap" page on tutorial/public_html/index.php but It's acting like I entered them in the wrong location by it not changing the user name in the error message?

Thanks in advance.

An update - I started the second tutorial about Invo (which comes with what looks like a near complete script) and it reports "Internal Error

Something went wrong, if the error continue please contact us". That isn't a 500 server error reported by Apache I don't think and is from Invo as a eesult of not being able to connect to the db.

Is it related to PDO? I think I've made all the changes to Apache and PHP needed but haven't had to set up a server to use PDO before.

Your PHP error log will probably give you more info or what the error is.