We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

Google AdWords API v201705 on Phalcon

Not sure if this qualifies as 'beginner', but I certainly do.

I'm trying to install the latest Google AdWords API onto a Phalcon/Ubuntu AWS server. I walked through the instructions, but got nowhere.

I think I'm doing something really wrong. I used Composer, but I'm not sure I launched it in the right directory, and I'm not sure I know how to install it 'right'.

Right now, I put the google files under app/library/googleads-php-lib. But I just get a failed webpage when I try to run a controller that uses the files. The "use Google\AdsApi\AdWords\AdWordsServices;" etc statements cause it to fail to load the page, even if I put a die() right after them. I setup debug with:

error_reporting(E_ALL);        
$debug = new \Phalcon\Debug();
$debug->listen();

And I got some file not found messages, but fileexists returns true for the files if I put that in there?

Accepted
answer

Hi @driscojs you have to register the library directory or the namespace

Other way just use composer autoload file and don't move the original library

Good luck

I registered the Namespaces in the loader and it is working-ish. I'm having an issue with the API OAuth, but I don't think that's a Phalcon thing. Thanks for resolving a really stressful item for me!

Good luck

I spoke too soon. I removed the namespace code from the loader.php, in an effort to work aorund the fact that our old Google Adwords API service account won't work with the new API. I tried to follow the Google Ads API install very carefully, and I used composer to install the api to the /app/vendor folder. It created the composer.json file in /app . I added

include APP_PATH . '/vendor/autoload.php';

to my /public/index.php.

Now I get a similar issue to before, like it can't find the files.

Error: Class 'Google\AdsApi\Common\OAuth2TokenBuilder' not found

Help. Help! :)

Good luck

Aaaaaaaannnd, nevermind. It goes in loader.php.

Good luck