We are moving our forum in GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4 you can visit here and for Phalcon v5 here.

Solved thread

This post is marked as solved. If you think the information contained on this thread must be part of the official documentation, please contribute submitting a pull request to its repository.

model::query() couldn't get a empty result

I want to check a record is exists, so I use query in the model

if ($record = static::query()->where('email = "'.$this->email.'"')->andWhere("id != " . $this->id)->execute()) {

}

here is the sql log

[Mon, 04 Sep 17 08:09:23 +0000][INFO] SELECT `users`.`id`, `users`.`uid`, `users`.`username`, `users`.`email`, `users`.`emailValid`, `users`.`phone`, `users`.`phoneValid`, `users`.`password`, `users`.`aid`, `users`.`status`, `users`.`created_at`, `users`.`updated_at` FROM `users` WHERE (`users`.`email` = '[email protected]') AND (`users`.`id` <> 7)

print_r($record)

Phalcon\Mvc\Model\Resultset\Simple Object
(
    [_result:protected] => 
    [_cache:protected] => 
    [_isFresh:protected] => 1
    [_pointer:protected] => 0
    [_count:protected] => 0
    [_activeRow:protected] => 
    [_rows:protected] => Array
        (
        )

[_row:protected] => 
    [_errorMessages:protected] => 
    [_hydrateMode:protected] => 0
    [_model:protected] => app\models\Users Object
        (
            [aid] => 
            [id] => 
            [uid] => 
            [username] => 
            [email] => 
            [emailValid] => 
            [phone] => 
            [phoneValid] => 
            [password] => 
            [status] => 
            [_dependencyInjector:protected] => Phalcon\Di\FactoryDefault Object

why $record not empty, but return a model with null of field

Phalcon DevTools (3.2.0)
Environment:
  OS: Darwin MacBook-Pro.local 15.6.0 Darwin Kernel Version 15.6.0: Sun Jun  4 21:43:07 PDT 2017; root:xnu-3248.70.3~1/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64
  PHP Version: 7.0.22
  PHP SAPI: cli
  PHP Bin: /usr/local/Cellar/php70/7.0.22_14/bin/php
  PHP Extension Dir: /usr/local/Cellar/php70/7.0.22_14/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20151012
  PHP Bin Dir: /usr/local/Cellar/php70/7.0.22_14/bin
  Loaded PHP config: /usr/local/etc/php/7.0/php.ini
Versions:
  Phalcon DevTools Version: 3.2.0
  Phalcon Version: 3.2.0
  AdminLTE Version: 2.3.6

Accepted
answer

Hi @lvshutao it's ok query() is the OOP version of ::find()

You can use limit(1) to improve performance and check if record exists with $result->count()

Good luck

edited Sep '17

execute returns resultset. If you want just single record then you need to use getSingleResult()

Also use binding!

->where('email = :email:', ['email' => $this->email])->andWhere("id != :id:", ['id' => $this->id])

execute returns resultset. If you want just single record then you need to use getSingleResult()

Also use binding!

->where('email = :email:', ['email' => $this->email])->andWhere("id != :id:", ['id' => $this->id])

thank you for you answer. I use

Users::query()->where('id=3')->execute()->getFirst()

instead. I don't like use getSingleResult, because it has to write more codes.

$this->modelsManager->createBuilder()->from(Users::class)->where('id=2')->getQuery()->getSingleResult();

Hi @lvshutao it's ok query() is the OOP version of ::find()

You can use limit(1) to improve performance and check if record exists with $result->count()

Good luck

thank you for your answer. I read the document again. I make a mistake in Model and Resultset before.