We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

Volt + GCP (Google Cloud Platform)

Is it possible to use Volt with GCP? (Google Cloud Platform). And about the Assets Management? (outputCss, outputJs)

I'm asking it because in both cases files are generated, but with GCP we can't "write" to a file like normally we do, in this case we can only use the cloud storage.

I've already searched, but I haven't found anything about it. Could someone help me, please? Thank you!

edited May '18

just add ext-phalcon to composer.json and volt support should be there ?

i assume google made it work before provide it for people to use it, and writes to some tmp dir

I've tried, but it's displayed the error message 'Volt directory can't be written'. I think it's because the directory 'compiledPath' that we set in VoltEngine options doesn't exists, and we can't just create an "local directory" with GCP, but only cloud storage :/

well my account ( i use VM's not GCP ) has some free storage included, perhaps you can just use the buckets for free ?

edited May '18

Yes, I could! But the problem is that the 'compiledPath' option in VoltEngine is expecting for a local directory path, but not for a GCP bucket. So, the question is: how can I apply the GCP bucket with 'compiledPath' option in VoltEngine? :/ Here is how the GCP bucket works, and I can't imagine a way for doing that: https://cloud.google.com/php/?hl=pt-br