We are moving our forum in GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4 you can visit here and for Phalcon v5 here.

Solved thread

This post is marked as solved. If you think the information contained on this thread must be part of the official documentation, please contribute submitting a pull request to its repository.

Is it possible to access config within a migration?

Hi, I would like to be able to use some shared variables in all my migrations. Usually that's what the config is for in the application, right? However I have not been able to use an instance of DI/config in my migrations.

I have config injected into DI, and so I have DI components in Controllers available simply as $this->config->... In models I feel like I need to get an instance of Di out first, like so DI::getDefault()->getShared('config')->... not sure if there is a "cleaner" way of doing this. Feel like those things should be available easier in Models too. In migrations though none of the above seem to be working. I also tried a new instance of Config. Basically, nothing I have tried worked. How do I get to use some shared variables inside migrations? I suppose I could just include a file or something, but that would seem to be so un-framework-ly. I tried googling too. Always do. Finally, this is my first postr in here. Obviously I am a newbie.

Thanks.

Accepted
answer

If you have loaded the config into the DI then yes...

//Retrieve Current DI
        $di = \Phalcon\DI::getDefault();
        $prefix = $di->getConfig()->database->prefix;