We are moving our forum in GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4 you can visit here and for Phalcon v5 here.

Solved thread

This post is marked as solved. If you think the information contained on this thread must be part of the official documentation, please contribute submitting a pull request to its repository.

Phalcon extension not loaded

Hello Guys.

I compile the phalcon without any errors, the phalcon.so file is generated and putet in my php extension default path correctly but extension not loaded, i checked php.ini path in phpinfo(), extension_dir and ... every thing is ok but phalcon not loaded, i'm wondering xdebug.so file are alongsidephalcon.so inside my php extension default path loaded and working fine.

i install phalcon on my local syatem and it's working fine but in my vps i have this issue, both are debian 7 and same php version.

Are you using Apache or Nginx+FPM?

Accepted
answer

There must be a file /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/, you can create a file call 30-phalcon.ini that contains extension=phalcon.so

edited Mar '14

thanks, i try it.

It's not 30-phalcon.so, it's 30-phalcon.ini

/etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/30-phalcon.ini with extension=phalcon.so

ok, it's worked, i love you man, but what was problem ?

Phalcon needs to be loaded after PDO, loading the extension this way it will load phalcon with the lowest priority

okay, bu why in my local system i dont have same problem ?

Probably PDO is bundled with PHP so it's always loaded before Phalcon

Okay, thank you.

edited Mar '14

Hi there, im try to solve the same Problem. I have set the config file at /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/30-phalcon.ini with extension=phalcon.so but it is not loading the phalcon extension...

are there other fix tips ?

Thanks

UPDATE: No error, i reinstall the extenstion again and its fixed. Thanks !!!!

@bootsym: are you using MAC ?

This was my problem and solution as well. Did this change at some point in the 1.3.0 development process? I was using 1.3.0 for weeks, then when it was officially released, this problem reared it's head. If this is a necessary step of installing 1.3.0, it should be added to the docs.

Would like to +1 this.

Using Nginx on Ubuntu 14.04 I re-installed and Phalcon stopped working.

Installation worked fine and could see the file in the PHP extension directory.

I had added the line to the extensions section in php.ini.

The issue was that the PDO wasn't being loaded before Phalcon.

The fix was to add a 30-phalcon.ini file with the contents "extension=phalcon.so" to the /conf.d/ directory