We are moving our forum in GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4 you can visit here and for Phalcon v5 here.

Solved thread

This post is marked as solved. If you think the information contained on this thread must be part of the official documentation, please contribute submitting a pull request to its repository.

an error while running a migration

Hi, everyone.

I have phalcon 3.3 and devtools 3.4.0

when I try to run a migration like so

phalcon migration run --version=1.0.1

where in the php code I use

self::$_connection->...

inside up() I get an error

Access to undeclared static property: VersionsMigration_101::$_connection

According to the following this should be working https://docs.phalcon.io/en/3.3/db-migrations#writing-migrations

and I had it working. Not sure what happened.

I tried to dig into this and got another weird dilema,

I could not find class Phalcon\Mvc\Model\Migration anywhere in Phalcon source

I would expect a file migration.zep or something like that in here https://github.com/phalcon/cphalcon/tree/master/phalcon/mvc/model Tried even searching for "Migration" in any of the files. Nothing. What am I doing/thinking wrong?

Did you change your developer tools version or anything? I remember i once had problems with it after I changed developer tools versions. It also generates a directory .phalcon . Did you include that aswell?

cd phalcon_dev_tools git checkout 3.3.* git pull

try phalcon migration run alain =)

Thanks. So I pulled and switched to branch 3.3.x. This did not seem to help though. :(

edited Jul '18

Did you change your developer tools version or anything? I remember i once had problems with it after I changed developer tools versions. It also generates a directory .phalcon . Did you include that aswell?

Okay, here is what happened to the best of my knowledge. I worked on this site on a local server (ubuntu 16.04 + apache on a local network). Everything was working, migrations including. then I had a break for a couple of weeks, When I came back to it Idecided to change db structure a bit, removed old migrations 1.0.0-5 (had quite a few of them by the time), removed the file in /.phalcon that stores migration versions, made changes to the database manually and ran "phalcon migration generate". to generate 1.0.0 again. Then I updated vendors/libs via composer. I have dev-tools installed that way too, and when I made a new 1.0.1 manually with the $_connection in the code and attempted to run the migration this is when I noticed the problem.

Here is the full print out

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Access to undeclared static property: VersionsMigration_101::$_connection in /www/sapi/app/migrations/1.0.1/versions.php:12

Stack trace:

0 /www/sapi/vendor/phalcon/devtools/scripts/Phalcon/Mvc/Model/Migration.php(488): VersionsMigration_101->up()

1 /www/sapi/vendor/phalcon/devtools/scripts/Phalcon/Migrations.php(297): Phalcon\Mvc\Model\Migration::migrate(Object(Phalcon\Version\IncrementalItem), Object(Phalcon\Version\IncrementalItem), 'versions')

2 /www/sapi/vendor/phalcon/devtools/scripts/Phalcon/Commands/Builtin/Migration.php(143): Phalcon\Migrations::run(Array)

3 /www/sapi/vendor/phalcon/devtools/scripts/Phalcon/Script.php(117): Phalcon\Commands\Builtin\Migration->run(Array)

4 /www/sapi/vendor/phalcon/devtools/scripts/Phalcon/Script.php(151): Phalcon\Script->dispatch(Object(Phalcon\Commands\Builtin\Migration))

5 /www/sapi/vendor/phalcon/devtools/phalcon.php(76): Phalcon\Scri in /www/sapi/app/migrations/1.0.1/versions.php on line 12

and here is simplified migration code with the self::$_connection line #12 that caused the error

<?php

use Phalcon\Mvc\Model\Migration;

class VersionsMigration_101 extends Migration {

private $table_name = 'versions';

public function up() {

self::$_connection->query('TRUNCATE TABLE ' . $this->table_name);

} ...

}

edited Jul '18

maybe phalcon.so not included in cli php ? execute in console :

php -m | grep phalcon 

Finded ? P.S how insert tag for formatting code here ?

php -m | grep phalcon

Finded ?

Yes, found

phalcon

Accepted
answer

Try

sefl::$connection

Phalcon\Mvc\Model\Migration located at PATH_TO_PHALCON_DEVTOOLS/scripts/Phalcon/Mvc/Model/Migration.php