We are moving our forum in GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4 you can visit here and for Phalcon v5 here.

Solved thread

This post is marked as solved. If you think the information contained on this thread must be part of the official documentation, please contribute submitting a pull request to its repository.

What setup in osx is used to succesfully compile all versions of phalcon

Hi,

I am having trouble with getting a setup that will succesfully compile phalcon in osx mavericks. I am getting compiler errors which I will look at in seperate posts.

What I am looking for known configurations to succesfully compile all versions of phalcon in osx in the following terms:

• osx version
  • gcc compiler (clang-503.0.38) used and version (brew, fink, macports, xcode dev tools)

I'm using Maverick OS and installed it via Homebrew:

brew install php53-phalcon

⚡ brew --env
HOMEBREW_CC: clang
HOMEBREW_CXX: clang++
MAKEFLAGS: -j4
CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH: /usr/local
CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH: /usr/include/libxml2:/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/Current/Headers
CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH: /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/Current/Libraries
PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR: /usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/Library/ENV/pkgconfig/10.9
ACLOCAL_PATH: /usr/local/share/aclocal
PATH: /usr/local/Library/ENV/4.3:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin
mpeh in ~/Projects/nccmt_calendar
⚡ brew --config
HOMEBREW_VERSION: 0.9.5
ORIGIN: https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew.git
HEAD: 72dbdabe6c0ac100ce83a048ab19f5b7cf62bbc2
HOMEBREW_PREFIX: /usr/local
HOMEBREW_CELLAR: /usr/local/Cellar
CPU: quad-core 64-bit ivybridge
OS X: 10.9.2-x86_64
Xcode: 5.1
CLT: 5.1.0.0.1.1393561416
Clang: 5.1 build 503

On my personal server which is running Mountain Lion but running PHP5.5 and also installed via Homebrew:

brew install php55-phalcon

jubilee$ brew --env
HOMEBREW_CC: clang
HOMEBREW_CXX: clang++
MAKEFLAGS: -j4
CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH: /usr/local
CMAKE_INCLUDE_PATH: /usr/include/libxml2:/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/Current/Headers
CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH: /System/Library/Frameworks/OpenGL.framework/Versions/Current/Libraries
PKG_CONFIG_LIBDIR: /usr/lib/pkgconfig:/usr/local/Library/ENV/pkgconfig/10.8
ACLOCAL_PATH: /usr/local/share/aclocal
PATH: /usr/local/Library/ENV/4.3:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin
jubilee$ brew --config
HOMEBREW_VERSION: 0.9.5
ORIGIN: https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew.git
HEAD: a20046f2da216f4eb1eed5570889f2738404276f
HOMEBREW_PREFIX: /usr/local
HOMEBREW_CELLAR: /usr/local/Cellar
CPU: quad-core 64-bit ivybridge
OS X: 10.8.5-x86_64
Xcode: 5.1
CLT: 5.1.0.0.1.1393561416
Clang: 5.1 build 503

What kind of errors are you getting while compiling it?

Accepted
answer

I didn't use brew.

At first I was getting problems compiling with gcc here:

configure:2726: gcc -V >&5
clang: error: argument to '-V' is missing (expected 1 value)
clang: error: no input files

This went away after uninstalling xcode and developer tools then reinstalling osx developer tools december 2013 release.

I then had problems in that the compiled modules api version did not match the php version I was running as expected.

This turned out to be a problem with my environment in that I hadn't made sure that right php version was being used and pointed to in the right way at compile time.

After following Patrick Bougies blog I finally got to the environment I wanted(needed for my wants) that compiled phalcon nicely and delivered the expected phalcon module to use with the php version I felt I needed. More in that I now feel I have more control of my php dev environment.

In osx platform (Mavericks) I compiled phalcon 1.2.6 from source using a gcc compiler with clang-500.2.79 (Using Command Line devtools created 23/10/13).