We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

undefined symbol: zend_ce_countable in Unknown on line 0

Hi first of all im sorry for bad type english.

Im using Phalcon more than 4 years and now I upgrade my centos 6.9 to 7 and my PHP version is 7.0.33 (cli) and I installed Phalcon last version and installed successfully.

Build complete. Don't forget to run 'make test'.

Installing shared extensions: /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20170718/ Installing header files: /usr/local/include/php/

Thanks for compiling Phalcon! Build succeed: Please restart your web server to complete the installation

and in php.ini i add :

extension=/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20170718/phalcon.so

and then i restart Nginx service.

but dont show phalcon in phpinfo() ...

and when i run php -v , i get this warning:

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20170718/phalcon.so' - /usr/local/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20170718/phalcon.so: undefined symbol: zend_ce_countable in Unknown on line 0

about 3days i searching and try try try but no any result :(

all of my site is down :((

before i never have that problem.

pls help me....

edited Mar '19

Latest Phalcon version? 3.4.x series or 4.0.0?

Instead of compiling, try to install it from packagecloud repo.

your phalcon.so file is somewhere else. Find it and move it where it wants it to be.

// that is because you are using different php executables for nginx and from console, if they are both same, you will be fine otherwise... you need to change php-config, php and phpize from your console to be php executables that nginx is using, re-compile phalcon again and you will be good to go