We are moving our forum in GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4 you can visit here and for Phalcon v5 here.

Solved thread

This post is marked as solved. If you think the information contained on this thread must be part of the official documentation, please contribute submitting a pull request to its repository.

'phalcon create-project' creates project with volt by default - i don't want this

Hello,

I am new with phalcon and I have some problems:

Creating a new project: E:\xampp\htdocs\vendor\phalcon\devtools>phalcon.bat create-project ../test1 Phalcon DevTools (1.2.4) Success: Controller "index" was successfully created. Success: Project '../test1' was successfully created.

Result: E:\xampp\htdocs\vendor\phalcon\test1\app\views.volt

I do not want to use .volt template engine!

PS: devtools installed via composer. Renaming them to .phtml gets the template but it's not working properly = treats the content as a simple *.txt file.

Accepted
answer
edited Mar '14

Go into '/app/config/services.php' and update this $di instance with the package you would like to use. Just pass in anything that your choice of template language might need and there ya go.

/**
 * Setting up the view component
 */
$di->set('view', function () use ($config) {

$view = new View();

$view->setViewsDir($config->application->viewsDir);

$view->registerEngines(array(
        '.volt' => function ($view, $di) use ($config) {

$volt = new VoltEngine($view, $di); 

$volt->setOptions(array(
                'compiledPath' => $config->application->cacheDir,
                'compiledSeparator' => '_'
            )); 

return $volt;
        },
        '.phtml' => 'Phalcon\Mvc\View\Engine\Php' 
    ));

return $view;
}, true);

Also, check-out the docs for a small note on the subject... http://docs.phalcon.io/en/latest/reference/views.html#template-engines. This and the next three sections from that link show you how in a little more depth.