We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

how to install phalcon in debian

my system is debian.and i have install php 5.3.28 ,php-fpm,mysql,and nginx .

i try to follow the guide in https://debrepo.frbit.com/ , but when i am installing, it shows an error that Cannot write to “-” (Broken pipe). how to solve it?

aptitude install php5-phalcon The following NEW packages will be installed: php5-phalcon{b} 0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded. Need to get 716 kB of archives. After unpacking 2,388 kB will be used. The following packages have unmet dependencies: php5-phalcon: Depends: phpapi-20100525 which is a virtual package. The following actions will resolve these dependencies:

Keep the following packages at their current version:

1) php5-phalcon [Not Installed]

Accept this solution? [Y/n/q/?] y No packages will be installed, upgraded, or removed. 0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded. Need to get 0 B of archives. After unpacking 0 B will be used.

Accepted
answer

Can you try following the instructions in our Download page? There might be something wrong with that repo.

I install from github and it works pretty easily. Initially I tried to install from that repo and had some problems - I can't remember what they were at the time, but they were enough to make me compile from source.

thanks,i have following the instruction in download page ,and it works now.