We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

Segmentation error after downgrade

Hello,

I accidentally ran sudo apt-get upgrade on my Ubuntu 18 VM which in turn upgraded phalcon from 3.4 to 4.0

At first, I thought it was not a bad idea to upgrade the framework, but after encountering an annoying bug (error when trying to delete a cookie), I decided to downgrade to something more stable (3.4)

I tried both compiling 3.4 from source and installing it via apt-get (sudo apt-get install php7.2-phalcon=3.4.*). However, after I restarted apache, the server stopped working and HTTP request simply times out.

Apache error log contains message Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Removing the 30-phalcon.ini from php/7.2/conf.d/ folder resolves the issue, so it is Phalcon which throws the error.

Reinstalling or using different version (3.0) did not resolve the issue.

Any solution to that? Not really excited about recreating the VM

(the php7.2-fpm service needs to be restarted aswell, if you havent done that already)

edited Jan '20

the exact error is [Sun Jan 12 01:21:00.373991 2020] [core:notice] [pid 9801] AH00051: child pid 9826 exit signal Segmentation fault (11), possible coredump in /etc/apache2 does anyone else know what could be the problem?

edited Jan '20

(the php7.2-fpm service needs to be restarted aswell, if you havent done that already)

what's the command? because sudo service php7.2-fpm reload gives me Failed to restart php7.2-fpm.service: Unit php7.2-fpm.service not found.