We are moving our forum in GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4 you can visit here and for Phalcon v5 here.

Solved thread

This post is marked as solved. If you think the information contained on this thread must be part of the official documentation, please contribute submitting a pull request to its repository.

A strange problem: Undefined index: model?

I've got a problem in the Controllers:

2020/03/11 13:25:35 [error] 1333#1333: *2994 FastCGI sent in stderr: "PHP message: PHP Notice:  Undefined index: model in /var/www/.../app/controllers/Admin/ProblemsController.php on line 74
PHP message: PHP Stack trace:
PHP message: PHP   1. {main}() /var/www/.../public/index.php:0
PHP message: PHP   2. Phalcon\Mvc\Application->handle() /var/www/.../public/index.php:38
PHP message: PHP   3. Phalcon\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatch() /var/www/.../public/index.php:38
PHP message: PHP   4. Phalcon\Mvc\Dispatcher->callActionMethod() /var/www/.../public/index.php:38
PHP message: PHP   5. ...\Controllers\Admin\ProblemsController->listAction() /var/www/.../public/index.php:38
PHP message: PHP   6. Phalcon\Paginator\Adapter\Model->paginate() /var/www/.../app/controllers/Admin/ProblemsController.php:74
PHP message: PHP Warning:  call_user_func() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, first array member is not a valid class name or object in /var/www/.../app/controllers/Admin/ProblemsController.php on line 74
PHP message: PHP Stack trace:
PHP message: PHP   1. {main}() /var/www/.../public/index.php:0
PHP message: PHP   2. Phalcon\Mvc\Application->handle() /var/www/.../public/index.php:38
PHP message: PHP   3. Phalcon\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatch() /var/www/.../public/index.php:38
PHP message: PHP   4. Phalcon\Mvc\Dispatcher->callActionMethod() /var/www/.../public/index.php:38
PHP message: PHP   5. ...\Controllers\Admin\ProblemsController->listAction() /var/www/.../public/index.php:38
PHP message: PHP   6. Phalcon\Paginator\Adapter\Model->paginate() /var/www/.../app/controllers/Admin/ProblemsController.php:74
PHP message: PHP   7. call_user_func:{/var/www/.../app/controllers/Admin/ProblemsController.php:74}() /var/www/.../app/controllers/Admin/ProblemsController.php:74" while reading response header from upstream, client: 10.0.10.171, server: default_..., request: "GET /admin/problems/list HTTP/1.1", upstream: "fastcgi://unix:

the code of /ProblemsController.php arround line 74:

use Phalcon\Paginator\Adapter\Model as Paginator;
public function listAction()
{

$numberPage = $this->request->getQuery("page", "int", 1);

$problems = Problems::find(array(
                "active = :active:",
                "bind" => ["active" => $active],
                "order" => "id DESC"
            )); 

$paginator = new Paginator(array(
        'data' => $problems,
        'limit' => 1000,
        'page' => $numberPage
    ));

$this->view->page = $paginator->paginate();  // this line is line 74
}

Accepted
answer
edited Mar '20

You're not defining the 'model' attribute: https://docs.phalcon.io/4.0/en/pagination#model

Basically, rather than running a find() ahead of time, you pass the class name and find parameters to the Paginator.

edited Mar '20

Thanks!

Under Phalcon 3.2 I just doubt on the performance of the paging after find(), and this new way satisfy all the thing.

BTW: in version 3.2, the result of $page->items is an object, and in new version is an array. All of my old code is "object-like" item->title, item->id, I must change all the code to "array-like"item['title'],item['id']. Is there a method that can get and object of $page->item?

edited Mar '20

If it's truly an array, you could just cast it to an object.

foreach($page->items as $a_item){
    $item = (object)$a_item;
    $item->id

I don't see anywhere where you can set a hydration mode for the structure of items. But... that doesn't necessarily mean it doesn't exist.

There is a helper for casting an array to object.

edited Apr '20

You're not defining the 'model' attribute: https://docs.phalcon.io/4.0/en/pagination#model walgreenslistens Basically, rather than running a find() ahead of time, you pass the class name and find parameters to the Paginator.

Very Helpful Post .......!! thanks for sharing with us.

edited Apr '20

I must modify too much code , if i update phalcon from 3.4 to 4.0

this is a very very very stupid.

You Should Restore this.

phalcon3.4 don't support json

if you must use json field , you must update 4.0

but ,your project 's paginator boom

you must restore old Phalcon\Paginator\Adapter\Model adapter.

and add a new version Phalcon\Paginator\Adapter\Model adapter.