We are moving our forum in GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4 you can visit here and for Phalcon v5 here.

Solved thread

This post is marked as solved. If you think the information contained on this thread must be part of the official documentation, please contribute submitting a pull request to its repository.

Phalcon 4 on PHP 7.4 error

Hi I have upgrade for Phlacon 4 on PHP 7.2 to Phlacon 4 on PHP 7.4 Now it seems like Phalcon crashes when I initialize a new model, it happens right after the initialize() function is executed on the model. This is on a Rest API project using Phalcon\Mvc\Micro and when try to post something to the API, I get a empty response. I do not get any errors.

I have created a simple test file to test in php command line to see if I can get some error.

<?php
$di = new Phalcon\Di\FactoryDefault();
class TestModel extends Phalcon\Mvc\Model {}
$x = new TestModel();
echo "hello";
?>

When I run this I get the following error: Segmentation fault (core dumped) and the script works on the older version of PHP

Phalcon version: 4.0.6 PHP version: 7.4.8

I can not find any know issues on Phalcon 4 on PHP 7.4

Please help. Let me know if you need more info.

edited Jul '20

Segmentation faults are never your fault (no pun intended). You should put this in as a bug on GitHub.

Accepted
answer

There is a reported bug currently, check github issues, you need to recompile phalcon from source against php 7.4.8

Thanks, will check out github issues

There is a reported bug currently, check github issues, you need to recompile phalcon from source against php 7.4.8