We are moving our forum in GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4 you can visit here and for Phalcon v5 here.

Solved thread

This post is marked as solved. If you think the information contained on this thread must be part of the official documentation, please contribute submitting a pull request to its repository.

How to use PHQL in a view

I'm trying to make a MySQL query in my view with information I have in it, but that query needs to use "DISTINCT" so I can't use find(). The query is kind of like this

$query = new Phalcon\Mvc\Model\Query("SELECT distinct(id) FROM race where date='$_date");
$query->setDI($di);
$racing = $query->execute();
foreach ($racing as $row) 
{
    echo "the id is ", $row->id;
}

when a use this one i get an error that says Undefined variable: di Unexpected value type: expected object implementing Phalcon\DiInterface, null given

i also tried

$query = $this->modelsManager->createQuery("SELECT distinct(id) FROM race where date='$_date");
 $racing = $query->execute();
 foreach ($racing as $row) 
 {
    echo "he id is ", $row->id;
 }

but then i get this error Using $this when not in object context

the other way i try was

$rows = Carrera::find(array("distinct" => "id", "date='$_date'"));
foreach ($rows as $row) 
{
    echo "the id is ", $row->id;
 }

after the query gives me the results i want to saved in a variable maybe an array or something so i can compare them later

thanks in advance for any help i'm kind of in a rush to finish this project

Accepted
answer

Shouting in all caps doesn't get your question answered any faster :p. I've updated your post, and also added proper code formatting.

The quickest answer I can give is: if you're building and running a query in the view, then you're doing it wrong. That sounds harsh I know, but really - the whole concept of Model / View / Controller is to separate the logic properly. Building and running queries in the view completely violates that principle.

With that said - check the documentation. I believe Query() or createQuery() (or both) require you to pass $di as an argument.