We are moving our forum in GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4 you can visit here and for Phalcon v5 here.

Solved thread

This post is marked as solved. If you think the information contained on this thread must be part of the official documentation, please contribute submitting a pull request to its repository.

Compilation Error with 1.3.2

Hi,

I've tried to compile the latest source on my iMac following exactly the same steps as I did for 1.3.1 - I am getting the following error:

creating libtool
appending configuration tag "CXX" to libtool
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating config.h
/bin/sh /Users/garycwynne/Downloads/cphalcon/build/64bits/libtool --mode=compile gcc  -I. -I/Users/garycwynne/Downloads/cphalcon/build/64bits -DPHP_ATOM_INC -I/Users/garycwynne/Downloads/cphalcon/build/64bits/include -I/Users/garycwynne/Downloads/cphalcon/build/64bits/main -I/Users/garycwynne/Downloads/cphalcon/build/64bits -I/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.5.10/include/php -I/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.5.10/include/php/main -I/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.5.10/include/php/TSRM -I/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.5.10/include/php/Zend -I/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.5.10/include/php/ext -I/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.5.10/include/php/ext/date/lib  -DPHALCON_RELEASE -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -march=native -mtune=native -O2 -finline-functions -fomit-frame-pointer -fvisibility=hidden   -c /Users/garycwynne/Downloads/cphalcon/build/64bits/phalcon.c -o phalcon.lo
mkdir .libs
 gcc -I. -I/Users/garycwynne/Downloads/cphalcon/build/64bits -DPHP_ATOM_INC -I/Users/garycwynne/Downloads/cphalcon/build/64bits/include -I/Users/garycwynne/Downloads/cphalcon/build/64bits/main -I/Users/garycwynne/Downloads/cphalcon/build/64bits -I/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.5.10/include/php -I/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.5.10/include/php/main -I/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.5.10/include/php/TSRM -I/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.5.10/include/php/Zend -I/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.5.10/include/php/ext -I/Applications/MAMP/bin/php/php5.5.10/include/php/ext/date/lib -DPHALCON_RELEASE -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -march=native -mtune=native -O2 -finline-functions -fomit-frame-pointer -fvisibility=hidden -c /Users/garycwynne/Downloads/cphalcon/build/64bits/phalcon.c  -fno-common -DPIC -o .libs/phalcon.o
/Users/garycwynne/Downloads/cphalcon/build/64bits/phalcon.c:108409:21: fatal error: libintl.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [phalcon.lo] Error 1

Any ideas what might be wrong?

Thanks.

Accepted
answer
edited Jun '14

The first result on google for libintl.h: No such file or directory is this:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11370684/what-is-libintl-h-and-where-can-i-get-it

This might have something to do with the recent gettext integration:

https://github.com/phalcon/cphalcon/commit/c16443805320600f8b75e78eede47344ef90981f

Hi Max,

I saw this entry before I posted to the forum. I didn't really understand if it connected to my problem because it isn't specific to OSX and primarily because I have compiled Phalcon a number of times now without problem and I have made no changes to my system or my approach to the compilation process.

I'm unaware of the gettext integration so this is a new one on me. We've (at work) recently compiled Phalcon 1.3.2 on CentOS without any issues at all. I tried to update my home Dev setup to 1.3.2 to stay compatible and hit this new issue :(

Thanks.

Hi there,

Just in case this helps anyone on MacOSX, first off, I did this:

brew install gettext

When I compiled Phalcon, it still failed. I then did this:

brew link gettext --force

I then compiled Phalcon and the compilation succeeded.