We are moving our forum in GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4 you can visit here and for Phalcon v5 here.

Solved thread

This post is marked as solved. If you think the information contained on this thread must be part of the official documentation, please contribute submitting a pull request to its repository.

Phalcon\Tag, select multiple - assign defaults from controller

I need to assign several default values to select multiple tag. At the moment, I managed to assign only one value with

$tag->setDefault('element[]', 'value');

If I try to pass array as value, it tells me that only scalar values are allowed. Any way to achieve that?

edited Jun '14
        $tag = new Select('element[]', array(1,2,3,4,5), array(
            'useEmpty' => false,
            'multiple' => true
        ));

$tag->setDefault(array(1,4));

Nope, that doesn't works... Here's the code from view:

{{ select("estate_types[]", estate_type, "using": ["id","name"], "useEmpty":false, "multiple":true) }}

And from controller:

$this->tag->setDefault('estate_types[]', array(1,2));

This gives me that:

Phalcon\Tag\Exception: Only scalar values can be assigned to UI components

Accepted
answer
edited Jul '14

Solved it via Phalcon\Forms\Element\Select()->setDefault(array())

How to apply it?

For others returning to this question, the only setDefault in the system which complains about arrays is the setDefault associated with tag: https://github.com/phalcon/cphalcon/blob/107b6f0197b0464d9f6b11ff390a560c000bf448/phalcon/tag.zep#L252 You can work around this and use chebureque's hacky solution, or you can use tag's setDefaults (plural) which is designed for working with arrays. It also accepts a second parameter in case you want to array_merge the array previously set