We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

Calling stored procedure

Does Phalcon supports calling stored procedures? 'Cause I didn't found anything, just a how-to like tutorial https://dragos.musetescu.name/posts/working-with-mysql-stored-procedures-in-phalcon, but it doesn't work.

Which part does not work?

edited Jul '14

If you go to the Creating a Model and calling a stored procedure section in that page, you can see how he creates a sql query (CALL statement), creates a new instance of that model, and then returns a Phalcon\Mvc\Model\Resultset\Simple. Well, all of that just doesn't returns any data (and I tested the procedure in phpmyadmin previously). One thing happens: or I get a blank page (result of not having a view for ajaxAction), or it just doesn't return anything (AJAX doesn't get to done event). EDIT: I think i've discovered why.

edited Jul '14

I've advanced and thinking about what the real problem is: ResultSet\Simple just don't do the work. I've tried a *SELECT FROM table, but it also gives me an empty object. In phpmyadmin works that query, obviously, and I don't see problems from db* dependency ( did a var_dump and the values are OK). It just like ResultSet\Simple* doesn't do the work it has to do. And the code is exactly the same as here https://docs.phalcon.io/es/latest/reference/phql.html#using-raw-sql

edited Jul '14

It seems that Phalcon\Mvc\Model\Resultset\Simple has a problem with its constructor (or something). I did a print_r($user->getReadConnection->query($sql)->fetch(), true), and works (using SELECT or my stored procedure).

Why?

A ´Resultset´ is returned you have to traverse using a foreach or call ´fetch´ to obtain a row result of executing the SQL statement.

Accepted
answer

I tried the other time, and now also doesn't work. I've to be missing something important; doesn't matter, I think I prefer using fetch().