We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

Vegas CMF v1.0.0 release

Finally it is here - Vegas CMF v1.0.0 release :) Enjoy (almost completed!) reference guide with lot of examples, functional demo and (hopefully) stable versions of all libraries!

Libs: https://github.com/vegas-cmf

Docs: https://vegas-cmf.github.io/

What are the next steps?

We will focus on:

• Completing test suites for some of libraries with code coverege not so amazing as we wanted and cover them for 90% or more.
  • Preparing list of projects that already run on Vegas. (Yes, we have them ;))
  • Putting API docs online.
  • Finishing "under construction" libs like elastic search adapter, mailer, social etc.

We will keep you posted! (If you want...)

Cheers!

Vegas Team

edited Aug '14

Great news !!

I can't use the project because of the hard coded paths in services.php and modules.php what a shame.

Anyway. Dependencies need updating for the getting started steps to work

{
    "require": {
        "php": ">=5.4",
        "ext-phalcon": ">=1.3.0,<2",
        "phalcon/devtools": "1.3.x-dev",
        "phalcon/incubator": "dev-master",
        "vegas-cmf/core" : "1.*",
        "vegas-cmf/session" : "1.*",
        "vegas-cmf/auth" : "1.*"
    },
    "require-dev": {
        "phpunit/phpunit": "4.0.*"
    }
}

Also once installed i get :

Service 'view' was not found in the dependency injection container#0 [internal function]: Phalcon\DI->getShared('view') #1 /var/www/carteweb/vegas/vendor/vegas-cmf/core/src/Application/Bootstrap.php(202): Phalcon\Mvc\Application->handle(NULL) #2 /var/www/carteweb/vegas/public/index.php(15): Vegas\Application\Bootstrap->run() #3 {main}

Hi WD29!

Thanks four your feedback!

1. Files modules.php and services.php are autogenerated and they will have correct path on each server you will copy your application! You also do not need to update them when you add new module or service. (This is not symfony ;))

2. Vegaser.phar is updated - thanks! Please download and build project again. I checked the flow from starting guide and after composer.phar install everything seems to work perfect. If you will still have "Service 'view' was not found (...)" please inform!

Well it's really weird. It works for us here. Can you provide us with more informations? What OS you are using? Is this nginx or apache configuration? Cheers!

edited Aug '14

Ok so the "cache" dir in the project root doesn't get created automatically.

When i first tried that, i forgot to set the permissions for it ...

Could include an empty cache directory in the package ? A lot of fiddling for something so stupid.

edited Aug '14

Can't get routing to work from modules.

Only app/config routes.php affects routing.

Any url i hit in the application point to the "Home" module 'Frontend\Home' controller, "index" action.

LOL. The nginx config in getting started is not correct. I fixed it by using my default one for phalcon. Sorry about all theses messages ... :P Sort of blindly testing this out

server {
    server_name *.sitename.fr;
    listen 80;
    port_in_redirect off;
    server_tokens off;
    autoindex off;
    charset      utf-8;

set $root_path /var/www/sitefolder/public/;
    root $root_path;

index index.php index.html index.htm;

try_files $uri $uri/ @rewrite;

location @rewrite {
        rewrite ^/(.*)$ /index.php?_url=/$1;
    }

location ~ \.php$ {

try_files $uri =404;

fastcgi_pass php;
        fastcgi_split_path_info ^(.+\.php)(/.+)$;
        fastcgi_index index.php;
        fastcgi_param  SCRIPT_FILENAME  $document_root$fastcgi_script_name;
        include fastcgi_params;

}

}
edited Aug '14

Do you plan on removing the mongo dependency in the demo ?

Didn't see that at first.

Can't wait to come back to vegas at a later date.

The abstractions are wicked.

edited Aug '14

benfavre, thanks for the tip on the NGINX/Internal links not working issue. Your example helped me get my issues sorted as well.