We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

Too many negative votes

This post has too many negative votes. The cause of this could be:

• Irrelevant or controversial information
  • Confusing question or not a real question
  • Aggressive vocabulary, excessive rudeness, etc

The Future of Phalcon

Hi All,

I justed wanted to know what your opinions are on the Future development of Phalcon, I have noticed that the blog has not been updated for 2 months now and on github there are more than 440 issues. I also noticed that the last time a commit has been done was on the 18th of June 2014.

Is Phalcon simply a fly by night PHP MVC framework? if so I'd be very dissapointed after all the hype and the time I have invested getting to know the framework. OR should I just learn from my experience and move on to a more stable PHP MVC framework with frequent updates, fixes etc.

Interested in hearing from the community what your thoughts are.

Kind Regards

Chesney

I had heard that they were preparing v2 of Phalcon. Maybe that's the reason.

I also think so. They in the process for fine tuning Phalcon PHP V2

edited Aug '14

The master branch is updated on new releases, look under 1.3.3 or 2.0.0 for recent commits:

Keep also in mind that it's summer as of this post....

Thanks for the comments guys, I will keep an eye on the development process.

@Chesney we are getting ready for 2.0 beta 2 which should be released shortly. So yeah it is not a fly by night framework :)

edited Aug '14

Great! thanks @Nikolaos. I saw the post today. Do you plan to support MSSQL? I'm current using a vendor's MSSQL Driver. It works fine but there are some limitations like getting the last inserted ID ( select scope_identity() ).

https://blog.phalcon.io/post/95931229730/phalcon-2-beta-2-available