We are moving our forum in GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4 you can visit here and for Phalcon v5 here.

Solved thread

This post is marked as solved. If you think the information contained on this thread must be part of the official documentation, please contribute submitting a pull request to its repository.

Fetching phalcon incubator via composer problem

Hello,

I have installed phalcon 1.3.2 and it is loaded with php5-fpm (PHP Version 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.3).

When I am trying to fetch the incubator libraries with composer, I get the following message:

Problem 1

• Installation request for phalcon/incubator dev-master -> satisfiable by phalcon/incubator[dev-master].
  • phalcon/incubator dev-master requires ext-phalcon >=1.2.4,<2 -> the requested PHP extension phalcon is missing from your system.

I have restarted my local nginx and the php5-fpm service several times after confirming the extension is there, but with no result. Can somebody offer any suggestions on how I can proceed? Thanks!
phpinfo

Accepted
answer
edited Sep '14

Answer:

• this is what happened on my Linux Mint Qiana distro: the phalcon ./install script automatically created a hardcoded ini file in /etc/php5/fpm/conf.d whereas the available ini files are normally stored in /etc/php5/mods-available and then symlinked to the appropriate conf.d folders. Therefore the extension was available to the php5-fpm process but not to the php-cli executable.

Fix: move the ini to the mods-available folder and create appropriate symlinks to /etc/php5/fpm/conf.d as well as /etc/php5/cli/conf.d folders

This is needed in Ubuntu/Mint

On my VPS where I have Debian 7, the /etc/php5/fpm/conf.d folder is symlinked in its entirety to the conf.d from the cli folder. In that case a symlink or hard file in that folder just works.