We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

Where to catch possible errors from phalcon

Hi.. Again :)

So for some reason my model->save doesnt work for one model, and since nothing shows up in the php/domain error.log or the mysql one im wondering if theres any other area i might find any info for this.

Most people have a global try catch: https://github.com/phalcon/vokuro/blob/master/public/index.php

But I don't think this is an issue with exceptions being thrown. If the model failed to save then the model contains validation errors, try this:

if (! $model->save()){
    //do something with our errors
    var_dump($model->getMessages();
}

The default behaviour of the framework expects you to check the return value of Model::save, however you can have Phalcon throw exceptions on model validation failure instead with an ini setting:

ini_set('phalcon.orm.exception_on_failed_save', true);

This setting is mentioned in the blog post for the release of 1.3.0, though it isn't currently in the docs. Personally I think throwing an exception on save failure should be the default behaviour; aside from having to explicitly handle every write error otherwise, if an error isn't handled somewhere in an application it would be an insidious bug.