We are moving our forum in GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4 you can visit here and for Phalcon v5 here.

Solved thread

This post is marked as solved. If you think the information contained on this thread must be part of the official documentation, please contribute submitting a pull request to its repository.

Compiling Phalcon with newest API

Hello, i had installed PHP 5.4 when i compiled Phalcon 1.3.4 first time. Today, I updated my PHP to 5.5 version and it gives me an error:

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: phalcon: Unable to initialize module Module compiled with module API=20100525 PHP compiled with module API=20121212 These options need to match

I understand that Phalcon need to be compiled again but with newest PHP API. So, i did ./install and the module is still compiling under 5.4.

Build complete. Don't forget to run 'make test'. Installing shared extensions: /usr/lib/php5/20100525/

How can I compile it under 5.5?

Accepted
answer

This means the phpize and php-config binaries in your path are still pointing to the old version installed. Maybe you want to locate and rename them.

Thank you @Phalcon! I tryed just 'apt-get update && apt-get install php5-dev' and Debian updated 'phpize' pand php-config to 5.5, so I compiled Phalcon successfully under 5.5. :)