We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

Compiling Phalcon with newest API

Hello, i had installed PHP 5.4 when i compiled Phalcon 1.3.4 first time. Today, I updated my PHP to 5.5 version and it gives me an error:

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: phalcon: Unable to initialize module Module compiled with module API=20100525 PHP compiled with module API=20121212 These options need to match

I understand that Phalcon need to be compiled again but with newest PHP API. So, i did ./install and the module is still compiling under 5.4.

Build complete. Don't forget to run 'make test'. Installing shared extensions: /usr/lib/php5/20100525/

How can I compile it under 5.5?

Accepted
answer

This means the phpize and php-config binaries in your path are still pointing to the old version installed. Maybe you want to locate and rename them.

Thank you @Phalcon! I tryed just 'apt-get update && apt-get install php5-dev' and Debian updated 'phpize' pand php-config to 5.5, so I compiled Phalcon successfully under 5.5. :)