We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

Slow invo page load

Hi,

I installed invo app and it is fast and works very well. In fact all the pages a loading for 0.15 - 0.30 s except for invo/products/index page which loads for 1.20 - 1.80 s which is very big difference (I am starting invo on localhost with apache + php 5.4 on windows and I am measuring the time in Chrome with "Page load time" extension). Then I took a look at the code - here is the index action in the controler:

public function indexAction()
    {
        $this->persistent->searchParams = null;
        $types = array(array("id" => 1, "name" => "q"));
        $this->view->setVar("productTypes", ProductTypes::find());
    }

If I comment the ProductTypes::find() line ant the appropriate code in the view the page loads for 0.30 s. I cannot see any logic - in product_types table there are only 2 records! The last thing I can think of is the hasMany function which is used in the ProductTypes class but I commented the hasMany function and there wasn't any change in the page load time.

I would be very thankful if someone can help me to solve this mistery. I find this so important because if I cannot understand the reason for slowing down the page load in such a simple project there is no use in trying to make a bigger one and also the speed is the biggest advantage of Phalcon.

Accepted
answer

Try changing localhost by 127.0.0.1 in the database host

I tried but there is no difference. Tomorrow I will install it on a server to see if it will be quicker.

I installed invo on a server and now invo/products/index loads as fast as the other pages. Thanks for the help :)