We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

In the news

10 of the super best PHP frameworks.

https://www.sevensignature.com/blog/articles/10-super-best-php-frameworks-list/

Phalcon is an open-source and full stack PHP framework for you to work at the speed of light. Yup it’s the fastest among this list. It is build in C and offered as PHP extension, hence it is able to save processor time and to increase the overall performance.

Support HHVM is almost re-write the extension from the ground up. Given the current situation of our resources and knowledge in that area, we are not in the ability to achieve that right now, why do you think it's our decision not to work on this?

Also, not sure why you'are contiously saying that Zephir is not enough or it's hard or not capable of doing things, if you see the 2.0.0 branch, you'll that the number of contributors had been increased with this language that is like almost using php/javascript, the idea that Zephir is difficult or is not good enough is too far from reality, but somehow you want to sell that to people. Are you having problems with Zephir? Could you please elaborate here?

Just wanted to come in and say that I have finally had a chance to play around with Zephir over the last few weeks. Not only is it incredibly quick to get going and test with it, but the language is much easier syntactically than C/PHP/Javascript

Best part I've found so far are benchmarks. Orders of magnitude increase in speed when using any kind of loops, conditionals, or arithmetic.

Finally got the go-ahead at my company to start using zephir for heavier processes. In my opinion it is easier to put shared code inside of zephir extensions than use composer to pull down shared bundles. Fairly easy to maintain clusters of web nodes with zephir this way.

Also, not sure why you'are contiously saying that Zephir is not enough or it's hard or not capable of doing things, if you see the 2.0.0 branch, you'll that the number of contributors had been increased with this language that is like almost using php/javascript, the idea that Zephir is difficult or is not good enough is too far from reality, but somehow you want to sell that to people. Are you having problems with Zephir? Could you please elaborate here?