We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

I can't install

sudo ./install

/bin/bash /cphalcon/build/32bits/libtool --mode=compile gcc -I. -I/cphalcon/build/32bits -DPHP_ATOM_INC -I/cphalcon/build/32bits/include -I/cphalcon/build/32bits/main -I/cphalcon/build/32bits -I/usr/include/php5 -I/usr/include/php5/main -I/usr/include/php5/TSRM -I/usr/include/php5/Zend -I/usr/include/php5/ext -I/usr/include/php5/ext/date/lib -DPHALCON_RELEASE -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -march=native -mtune=native -O2 -finline-functions -fomit-frame-pointer -fvisibility=hidden -c /cphalcon/build/32bits/phalcon.c -o phalcon.lo libtool: compile: gcc -I. -I/cphalcon/build/32bits -DPHP_ATOM_INC -I/cphalcon/build/32bits/include -I/cphalcon/build/32bits/main -I/cphalcon/build/32bits -I/usr/include/php5 -I/usr/include/php5/main -I/usr/include/php5/TSRM -I/usr/include/php5/Zend -I/usr/include/php5/ext -I/usr/include/php5/ext/date/lib -DPHALCON_RELEASE -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -march=native -mtune=native -O2 -finline-functions -fomit-frame-pointer -fvisibility=hidden -c /cphalcon/build/32bits/phalcon.c -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/phalcon.o

at this moment stops

Could you please provide additional info.

On what system you trying to install?

edited Jan '15

Could you please provide additional info.

On what system you trying to install?

Yes of course, ubuntu 14.04, lemp server, PHP Version 5.6.4-1+deb.sury.org~trusty+1

Try to manually compile it

Did you have a 64bit Ubuntu? Then use this code:

cd cphalcon/build/64bits
export CFLAGS="-O2 --fvisibility=hidden"
./configure --enable-phalcon
make && sudo make install

Try to manually compile it

Did you have a 64bit Ubuntu? Then use this code:

cd cphalcon/build/64bits
export CFLAGS="-O2 --fvisibility=hidden"
./configure --enable-phalcon
make && sudo make install

I tried to do it manually, but after

• make && sudo make install

there is the same error

Are you trying to wait some time? It's can be a long-time process building main Phalcon library. You can see at top if there is anything is working/building now.

Are you trying to wait some time? It's can be a long-time process building main Phalcon library. You can see at top if there is anything is working/building now.

I waited for about 20 minutes. Sometimes at the end of execution error "Can not allocate memory", but I have more than 200MB of free RAM.

I tried to wait a terminal and gave me more information. Here's what to add.

-c /home/ubuntu/cphalcon/build/64bits/phalcon.c -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/phalcon.o gcc: internal compiler error: Killed (program cc1) Please submit a full bug report, with preprocessed source if appropriate. See file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.8/README.Bugs for instructions. make: *** [phalcon.lo] Error 1

Accepted
answer

The problem was the amount of RAM, bought a more powerful server and all was well. Thank you for your help.

Mark this issua as solved, then