We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

Problem with PresenceOf validation messages

Hi everyone !

Once again i've a little problem !

I read a lot of interessant topics talking about very similar problem as mine, but it seems that my issue is a little bit different.

In fact i'm trying to use Phalcon\Mvc\Model\Validator\PresenceOf like that

public function validation()
  {
      $this->validate(new PresenceOf(
          array(
              "field"  => "nameAlbum_en",
              "message" => "Please be sure to fill the album's name !"
          )
      ));
      $this->validate(new Uniqueness(
          array(
              "field"   => "nameAlbum_en",
              "message" => "The album name must be unique !" 
          )
      ));
      return $this->validationHasFailed() != true;
  }

The Uniqueness validator works perfectly i have the message i was excepting, but for the PresenceOf i expected to see my message or at least the default message (like the others which had almost the same problem as me in this forum). But it displays absolutly nothing, i tried to disable the nullValidations with the following code:

public function initialize() {
    $this->setup(array(
        'notNullValidations'=>false,
    ));
  }

Do you have any idea why the flash message isn't displayed (at least the default message) ?

Thanks for you help and sorry to bother, if the solution already have been given somewhere

Brieuc

edited Jan '15

public function validation()
  {
      $this->validate(new PresenceOf(
          array(
              "field"  => "name", // << -- field?
              "message" => "Please be sure to fill the album's name !"
          )
      ));
      $this->validate(new Uniqueness(
          array(
              "field"   => "name",
              "message" => "The album name must be unique !" 
          )
      ));
  }

presenceof will validate true so long the field is set, it doesnt matter if its jibberish or even just a single charc. so long there is something filled its valid.

edited Jan '15

Sorry i made a mistake while copying my code here, but that's already what i have the field's name is exactly the same. (I edited the first post in order to avoid confusing people in future). And what's you´re describing is the behaviour i'm expecting, but i let empty the input and it doesn't display any errors ... i'm pretty confuse on this one ...

Accepted
answer
edited Jan '15

Phalcon 1.3.4 is running on my server !

And if i understood well what you tried to tell me, it's exactly the same to do:

or

if ($this->validationHasFailed() == true) {
    return false;
}

EDIT:

Oh god ! I'm so stupid, i had a conflict with my formsValidator ... So if someone encountered the same problem, check you're formsValidator it may be doing some actions which will change the behaviour ..