We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

Unable to load phalcon - php_json_decode_ex

I have Phalcon installed, it was running for weeks on AWS. I did a:

sudo a2enmod ssl

Installed my certs.. everything seems great but the site whitepages after about 20 minutes. No error logs other than this:

PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php5/20121212/phalcon.so' - /usr/lib/php5/20121212/phalcon.so: undefined symbol: php_json_decode_ex

I understand this means that phalcon is getting loaded before json but I am not seeing that. it is all loading out of /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/ I adjusted the file name to be 30-phalcon.ini just to be sure. No extension=phalcon.so in my php.ini either.

I know I am just missing something.

shouldnt you be editing the phalcon.ini in mods_available and changing the piority there?

So it works for about 20 minutes, then nothing?

In my experience, adding extension=phalcon.so to your php.ini file is a requirement.

It doesn't make sense that enabling SSL affects Phalcon. I'm not saying you're wrong - just that I'm in the "I don't understand" boat with you. Have you tried disabling the SSL mod, just to test?

edited Feb '15

@7thcubic - I am open to anything but the only things I have found so far don't discuss that. Can you explain your technique?

@quasi - Me neither.. but it definately wasn't happening before. From what I understand, if I put it in php.ini that will get processed first before the extensions directory, the opposite of what I want.

Seem that on a new box and fresh install everything is working until I put this into the virtual host conf:

Redirect permanent / https://mysite.com

edited Feb '15

@sagedev

(1) What is in your 30-phalcon.ini file? Are you sure that there is a extension=phalcon.so?

(2) What is your file list in etc/php5/apache2/conf.d ?

(3) Are there any lines in php.ini with some json extension?