We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

Focus more on stability and performance

Hey there,

while I know that focusing on bugfixes and performance might not be as entertaining for a developer, I kindly urge the lead developer team to follow sjinks path and mostly work on bugfixes and performance optimization. I could very much use some of the things proposed by NFRs at github, but having to deal with (various) bugs is eating away more time than implementing the things I need myself.

Please don't understand this as criticism of your work, I very much enjoy using Phalcon and I see a bright future ahead for this project. Just keep calm and fix the bugs ;-).

Best, Philipp

We would love to have more collaboration from the community posting tests and contributing with unit-tests, sometimes reproduce a bug take us a lot of time due to the poor descriptions in the bug reports, I think, we all are involved in IT so this is not something we have to remark everyday to users.

We will try our best!

Just reminding that bug https://github.com/phalcon/cphalcon/issues/701 has not fixed. the source of the problem is clear and can be reproduced. Look forward to the patch :)

@phalcon I know it takes time, but do you think you could put together a more detailed guide as to how users could and should contribute to the quality control of Phalcon? I would not mind helping out here and there but I'd rather not simply "do something" unless I know it actually helps ;). I'm sure others feel the same way!

@Philipp I have posted an update on our road ahead. Basically you posted something that we have been discussing the last week.

In short, we will take a short hiatus from NFRs and concentrate on bugs, optimizations, documentation and unit tests.

The end result will be a more robust framework with a extremely rich test suite and documentation :) Addressing unit tests will remove any bugs that tend to reappear from version to version and allow us to test edge cases

You can read the blog post here: https://blog.phalcon.io/post/56351424566/the-road-ahead

Wow that was fast, Thank you @sjinks . I hope it can be merged into 1.2.1 branch as well :)