We are moving our forum in GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4 you can visit here and for Phalcon v5 here.

Solved thread

This post is marked as solved. If you think the information contained on this thread must be part of the official documentation, please contribute submitting a pull request to its repository.

PHPUnit, DI only available in first TestCase?

I followed this guide to set up PHPUnit tests. I added 'config', 'db', 'mongo' and some others to the DI like this:

$di->set('config', function () use ($config) {
  return include '../include/config.php'; // Retruns \Phalcon\Config Instance
}, true);

In The first TestCase I can execute $this->getDI()->get("config"), but in any following TestCase I get Service "config" wasn´t found in the dependency injection container. A Vardump of $this->getDI() in the second TestCase looks like a clean default DI without 'config', 'mongo', 'db' and so on...

I tried a little workaround by modifing the \UnitTestCase:

public function setUp(\Phalcon\DiInterface $di = NULL, \Phalcon\Config $config = NULL) {

// $dix is defined in TestHelper.php: $dix = include __DIR__ . "/../include/di.php";
    // which returns a "\Phalcon\DI\FactoryDefault()"
    global $dix;
    $di = $dix;

// Load any additional services that might be required during testing
    //$di = DI::getDefault();

// get any DI components here. If you have a config, be sure to pass it to the parent
    parent::setUp($di);

$this->_loaded = true;
  }

Now the other Tests will run, but as soon as I access any Model I get:

1) MyService\Route\UserTest::testSignupValidation
Phalcon\Mvc\Model\Exception: A dependency injector container is required to obtain the services related to the ORM

Thanks for any ideas... ;)

Accepted
answer

You can include the code or the file that initializes the di in every setUp:

public function setUp(\Phalcon\DiInterface $di = NULL, \Phalcon\Config $config = NULL)
{

$di = new \Phalcon\Di\FactoryDefault;

$di->set('config', function () use ($config) {
  return include '../include/config.php'; // Retruns \Phalcon\Config Instance
}, true);

// get any DI components here. If you have a config, be sure to pass it to the parent
    parent::setUp($di);

$this->_loaded = true;
  }

Hm, I couldn't see the forest for the trees ;) Thanks a lot, now it works.