We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

zephir on freebsd

Anyone knows if Zephir is being ported to FreeBSD?

I did try to install it and after some fiddling it seemed to work but as far as I can see it does not properly execute make. Apparently there are a few differences between the make utility on Linux and on FreeBSD.

Unfortunately I haven not the time nor the intellectual resources to port it myself....

Are you having problems installing it using the regular instllation procedure?

A regular installation procedure on FreeBSD would be installing it from either the ports tree or install the binary with the packagemanager. Neither exist for Zephir. So I took the distribution and installed the php files in /usr/local/lib while installing the executing script in /usr/bin. After some adaption I got this al to work, so I could generate all CPP files. However, once Zephir invokes GNU make it crashes on the make command line, which is most likely due to only slight differences between BSD make and Linux make... Un fortunately I am not a make guru hence my question if anyone got this to work on FreeBSD and if there are any FreeBSD distributions in the pipeline... Installing Phalcon on FreeBSD is a breeze, so some good work has already been done...