We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

XAMPP + MAC + PHALCON

Hi Everyone, I have hard time installing phalcon on macbook pro with XAMPP, I tried with brew everything went well, when I type brew search phalcon I can see there are 3 version of phalcon, but how can I get that phalcon.so so I can add to my xampp php.ini? I tried and different approach to compile phalcon but whithout success again. It throws an error something about: Cannot find config.m4. Make sure that you run '/opt/local/bin/phpize' in the top level source directory of the module. So is there a way to get this working?

Use Brew :

brew tap homebrew/dupes
brew tap homebrew/versions
brew tap homebrew/php
brew install php5x php5x-phalcon # Where "x" - minor number of PHP

Thanks man, I did this but still can't see phalcon module with phpinfo(), eaven I added this extension=phalcon.so to my xampp php.ini, but no success. maybe the path is different I don't know when I brew this where to find that phalcon.so I'm new to osx so, I did it on debian and windows but can do it with mac I don't know what I'm doing it wrong.

Se if xampp has an external extentions folder , like linux has , then try including that way

I found it on this location: /usr/local/Cellar/php56/5.6.8/lib/php/extensions/no-debug-non-zts-20131226/phalcon.so