We are moving our forum in GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4 you can visit here and for Phalcon v5 here.

Solved thread

This post is marked as solved. If you think the information contained on this thread must be part of the official documentation, please contribute submitting a pull request to its repository.

Phalcon installation on CentOS

I have installed phalcon on CentOS 6. Its showing following messages after installation however phalcon is not installed properly.

Build complete. Don't forget to run 'make test'.

Installing shared extensions: /usr/lib64/php/modules/

Thanks for compiling Phalcon! Build succeed: Please restart your web server to complete the installation

I have restarted web server but still not able to see phalcon in phpinfo or in modules (print_r(get_loaded_extensions());)

Its giving error in error_log PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib64/php/modules/phalcon.so' - /usr/lib64/php/modules/phalcon.so: undefined symbol: php_json_encode in Unknown on line 0

Accepted
answer

This is due to the way PHP is packaged in CentOS: http://forum.phalcon.io/discussion/664/after-upgrading-from-php5-5-to-php5-5-1-an-error-occurs

In brief, just create a file /etc/php.d/zzzzz.ini with

extension=phalcon.so

and restart the web server; this should do the trick.

worked, thanks.

Duut, you saved me! It finally works! Woohoo! I got it working with Plesk also now :-)

worked, thanks!

I'm using Fedora 21, and faced with same problem, the solution for me was, change the priority of the phalcon ini file to 50, e.g 50-phalcon.ini and JSON ini to the 40-json.ini (it's actually default priority for json ini)