We are moving our forum in GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4 you can visit here and for Phalcon v5 here.

Solved thread

This post is marked as solved. If you think the information contained on this thread must be part of the official documentation, please contribute submitting a pull request to its repository.

Phalcon Form Validation of Input Array

I have multiple text boxes having name abc[] and did not know how to validate my text box using phalcon validation object.

Accepted
answer

I'm also new to Phalcon, but as I know. You can create your own validator.

On controller you should get the array from Request, example:

$abcValues = $this->request->getPost("abc");//If you're using form method POST to send data

You can validate on controller action method, or you can create your own Validator. There is an example of custom validator: https://docs.phalcon.io/pt/latest/reference/validation.html#cancelling-validations

On your own validator you could do something like this:

class ArrayValidator extends Validator implements ValidatorInterface
{
  public function validate(Validation $validator, $attribute)
  {
    // If the attribute value is name we must stop the chain
    if (is_array($attribute) && count(attribute) > 0) {
        //Validate whatever
        return true;//Valid data
    }
    return false;//invalid data
  }
}

Of course you should create this on a folder that is loaded on loader, like "library" folder as shown on INVO example.

And on your validation logic do something like this:

validation->add('abc', new ArrayValidator(array(
    'message': 'Oh Snap! You gave me the wrong data'
)));

There are some other resources on forum about "Custom Validator" which could be usefull, but is pretty much it.

Thanks @Hodes after all my research I have also created my own validator for my array validation. Waiting For any new update in phalcon to validate array