We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

PHP MVC Programmer

Binary IO Solutions Inc. is looking for a programmer with strong PHP MVC experience to join our development team on a long-term contract basis. We are based in Vancouver and Kelowna, but work is completed remotely from home, so your location does not matter.

You will be working on both existing websites written in plain HTML, PHP, or Zend Framework 1, as well as designing new websites written in a newer technology: Phalcon PHP. Teams will be primarily 2-3 people; however, you must be self-motivated and capable of working independently. Demonstrated experience with PHP MVC will be a requirement for the role.

Sample tasks:

• Building front-end GUI with HTML5/CSS3/jQuery
  • Implementing controllers and views
  • Analyzing, redesigning, and refactoring code
  • Assisting with database design
  • Suggesting and debating model changes
  • Writing test cases and performing tests
  • Writing documentation

Skills:

• Minimum 3 years PHP5, MySQL5, HTML5, CSS3, and jQuery experience
  • Demonstrable experience with PHP MVC frameworks
  • Experience working with team members
  • Experience working with version control (GIT or SVN)
  • Strong English communication
  • College or university education preferred

Terms: This is a long-term contract role with the initial contract for 1 year with 30+ hours per week, with future work averaging 20 hours per week depending on projects. Contract renewal will be on-going with potential for full-time guaranteed hours. Compensation of $CAD 25-45/hour is dependent on skill and performance. The work environment is casual, and work hours are flexible: work must be completed to deadline rather than 9-5; however, a predetermined schedule is required to help coordinate tasks.

Positions: We are looking to hire an intermediate or senior developer to work closer to full time on two larger scale ongoing projects (using Phalcon). We are also looking for a junior to intermediate developer to work less than full time on miscellaneous projects, including assisting with the larger scale ones.

Please reply here with questions or email resumes to [email protected] with your location.

edited Jan '16

Hello

I have four year experience working PHP and five year working Linux. I use framework Phalcon PHP very good, also I am proficient Docker, Vagrant, Devops. To see my resume you can take look at https://speakerdeck.com/duythien/cv

I am enthusiast Open Source, so in free time I have contribute for Phalcon PHP and also I have a project open source Phanbook, you can take look at https://github.com/phanbook/phanbook

You can contact me via email: [email protected]