We are moving our forum in GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4 you can visit here and for Phalcon v5 here.

Solved thread

This post is marked as solved. If you think the information contained on this thread must be part of the official documentation, please contribute submitting a pull request to its repository.

Routing regex problem

I'm trying to match something like:

mydomain.com/something

mydomain.com/something/2

Both should work.

This is my route:

$router->add("/{board:[a-zA-Z_]+}/{page:[0-9]?}", [ 'controller' => 'board', 'action' => 'show'] )->setName('show-board');

This however requires the trailing slash even without the page specified. Is there a way to need the slash ONLY with the page?

Accepted
answer
$router->add("/{board:[a-zA-Z_]+}/?{page:[0-9]*}", [ 'controller' => 'board', 'action' => 'show'] )->setName('show-board');

You probably need one or more numbers for the page param, so i replaced the question mark (zero or one occurrence) with the asterisk (zero or multiple occurrences)

edited Mar '14

Hey. That works for the routing part. However $url->get(); builds incorrect links with that route. ( domain.com/board/?2 ). Is there something I could do to make to $url->get(); to not put that question mark to the URL?

This is the function that builds the wrong link:

{{ url.get(['for': 'show-board', 'board': title, 'page': page.before]) }}

You could add two routes:

$router->add("/{board:[a-zA-Z_]+}", [ 'controller' => 'board', 'action' => 'show'] )->setName('show-board');
$router->add("/{board:[a-zA-Z_]+}/{page:[0-9]+}", [ 'controller' => 'board', 'action' => 'show'] )->setName('show-board-pagination');

Yep, that's what I've been doing, was just wondering if there was a better/shorter way. Thanks. :P