We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

How to install specific version phalcon on mac

I want to install phalcon 3.2 for one of our project that is built using phalcon 3.2, I tried installing it through homebrew, but no taps were found. Moreover, I tried installing it through macport but no phalcon extension is generated in php extensions.

MAC PORTS command to install phalcon

sudo port install php55-phalcon sudo port install php56-phalcon

Apart from that when I install the latest version by cloning the cphalcon repo and the install it through terminal as prescribed in documentation it works fine and extension is created. But for our project we actually need to install phalcon 3.2. Any help will be appreciated.

Repo clone and then installing

git clone git://github.com/phalcon/cphalcon.git cd cphalcon/build sudo ./install

Thanks

Accepted
answer
edited Mar '19

I wouldn't know about mac package infrastrucure, but if you managed to compile it, all you need to do to get v3.2.4 is to check out that specific tag before compiling:

$ git clone git://github.com/phalcon/cphalcon.git
$ cd cphalcon
$ git checkout v3.2.4
$ cd build
$ sudo ./install

EDIT: A shorter and more performant command would be:

$ git clone git://github.com/phalcon/cphalcon.git --depth=1 --single-branch --branch v3.2.4
$ cd cphalcon/build
$ sudo ./install

edited Mar '19

if you want version 3.4.2 i would suggest going through the documentaion here and to be honest i did try a while ago using brew and failed but i succeeded using macports

if you want something specific you can fork tigerstrikemedia/homebrew-phalconphp and make your own changes and tap your fork instead

May I ask why you need to have it installed on Mac (client OS)? Does the app run in a production on Mac? No? Then just fire up a container/VM with GNU/Linux and use packagecloud.io repo and voila.

KISS principle