We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

Idea for a new open-source application

I have been using Phalcon for many years. My first contact with this framework was before version 1.0. Since then I have used it, I showed it to others, but in addition to doing translations, I never actively helped the team by creating code.

Now I want to change it. I want to create an application and make it available under an open-source license. I have ideas such as an application like Phpmyadmin for browsing and managing a database, or an application for creating multilingual documentation for projects.

Which idea do you think is better? Or maybe you have another one?

Just do one thing or the other. Don’t try to be two people at once…

So choose whatever is closer to you.

I vote for multilingual documentation for projects, but it sounds hard :D

but you should do what motivates you more (y)

I wouldn't re-create phpmyadmin, the nuancers of sql dialects alone would drive you mad. Multilingual documentiation projects also exist...

What about some kind of turn-based game instead?

A few years ago I built my own complete mysql query builder, so I know about some difficult things if It will be something like phpmyadmin. App for multilingual documentation is also not new topic for me, and no - it's not hard ;) (I have working prototype).

Well, turn-based game isn't bad idea but I would like create something more practical for other developers. People likes tools where they have "ready to use" solutions. I'm thinking about what will be better for Phalcon community.

An Idea that i would like to share it :)

is to Create A CDN Application

that manage files / and use multiple servers at once time
also with an api system for managing member (clients) files (create , upload , update , generate link , .. etc)

) greetings.

What do you mean? App for files managment or what? Can you describe more your idea?

i dont know why but a lot of time when i submit an answer is not working !

... App for files managment ( cdn is more then that ) ... for more : https://www.cloudflare.com/learning/cdn/what-is-a-cdn/

What do you mean? App for files managment or what? Can you describe more your idea?

Well, ok, this is good idea...but for commercial app I think. It's not my goal. To be honest - I don't know business background for apps like CDN. I mean - proportion between how many programming skills you need and how much knowledge about architecture of apps like CDN. It will be probably some blocker for me.

Ah , as you WANT

it just an idea

good luck to find one better !

Decision taken ;) It will be application for creating multilingual documentation. More information - soon :)

Accepted
answer

Just today, I've been looking for some library to integrate with the (new) slack app api, but found none for php...

So nice! I will think about that! :)

Just today, I've been looking for some library to integrate with the (new) slack app api, but found none for php...