We have moved our forum to GitHub Discussions. For questions about Phalcon v3/v4/v5 you can visit here and for Phalcon v6 here.

Installing Phalcon 1.3.x on Linux Mint 17

Hi there,

I recently discovered phalcon and I want to use it for my BA-exam (devel. a software). Installing it in a Windows XAMPP-Server is easy going. But I develop under Linux Mint 17. So I just followed the instructions at the download-section and everything is fine.

Before I installed all required software, apache2, mysql and php5 are running.

I inserted "extension=phalcon.so" to "/etc/php5/cli/php.ini" and restarted the apache2. But the extension wasn't loaded - output of phpinfo(); So I inserted "extension=phalcon.so" also to "/etc/php5/apache2/php.ini" and restarted apache2. But the extension wasn't loaded, too.

Now I need your help. Where is the mistake?

It's a new and clean Mint 17 - Installation (running in VirtualBox). Only installed Oracles Java SDK and Netbeans 8.

Thanks for your help!

Check in Linux

sudo find /usr -name 'phalcon.so'

What instructions did you follow to install Phalcon itself? Can you confirm the phalcon.so is present between the other php modules?

Thanks alot for the fast answers! (Y)

Here is the doc I followed: https://phalcon.io/en/download

Here is what the result of 'find': /usr/lib/php5/20121212/phalcon.so

And what does your phpinfo say about:

• extension_dir
  • Loaded Configuration File

?

extension_dir is "/usr/lib/php5/20121212"

Loaded Configuration File is "/etc/php5/apache2/php.ini"

and in there I've inserted right before the "module-section": extension=phalcon.so

(and so I did it for "/etc/php5/cli/php.ini")

edited Jun '14

Any errors in your Apache/PHP error log?

edit: and make sure phalcon.so gets loaded after pdo.

I don't know what you mean with 'module-section'. How are the other extensions loaded? Are those entries in the main php.ini, or via separate .ini files? (check Scan this dir for additional .ini files in phpinfo)

It's a classic issue by now :). Remove the extension line from php.ini. Instead, create a new file: /etc/php5/apache2/conf.d/30-phalcon.ini and place there: extension=phalcon.so

Accepted
answer

thanks a lot!

will give it a try, but for now, I've just installed an old win xp in a vm. I need to get used to phalcon-programming and not installing right now ... O:)

And it's so awesome easy. Will now take a closer look to Volt-Bootstrap-Interaction.

Ok, cool. You can mark it solved then (accept your own answer) ;)